Thursday, October 8, 2026

Missing Privacy




I'm not sure where I am going with this but here goes. I just wanted to say that this month has been quite a blessing so far. I had my birthday and I've been graced with another year of living within the United States of America. I have seen so many changes and want to reflect on the past younger years of my life.

As a young child growing up in the Midwest, I ventured out in the world and was outside during the warmer months. No iPhone, no GPS tracking, no flock cameras monitoring me or showing where I was located at for others to know. I remember not worrying about being watched by others but knowing that the only being watching me was God. 

Gone are those carefree days of not worrying about surveillance. There is no privacy beyond our homes. I miss that. I miss the simpleness and innocence of my childhood. It is something I do cherish as I have seen more of our rights to privacy shoved to the side in the pursuit of so called protection by the higher authorities or the government. 

I miss having privacy and know that it is something that the next younger generations will not understand. I wish for precious moments to be not recorded by outsiders. And for the government to not know my whereabouts. It is my hope that as Americans we continue to preserve and fight for our inalienable rights. I would like to see my child and other children be able to experience the America I knew before cell phones and flock cameras came into existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment