Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Purpose Driven

This entry isn't going to be cookie cutter cute.  Just real and honest.  Short too, by the way since I need to run errands before it gets too hot to be outside.  Purpose Driven.  Ever heard of it?  I have in a Sunday School setting.

It seems that God has a purpose for everyone.  Jeremiah 29:11 states , "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  

I've heard that verse so many times and wondered what God's purpose is for my life.  I have pondered it countless times.  I've thought about missionary work but my health is a deterrent in that area.  At least overseas missionary work.  Also, I find I don't know the Bible as well as I should and I attend Bible studies to expose myself to the Living Word.  

I feel like I'm a ship caught at sea being tossed by the waves aimlessly without any shore in sight or destination.  It's a terrible feeling to be consumed by day in and day out.  The feeling that I've got no direction in life.  So, what have I been doing?

I've been waiting on the Lord.  Psalm 27:14 reads, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."  I'm  being patient and hopeful in God's perfect timing for my purpose driven life. Everyday I seek His will for my time here on earth.  I want to honor and glorify Him.  How this will be done is in the Hands of my Creator.


No comments:

Post a Comment