Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Taking a Bite of the Big Apple

New York is in its own realm of existence.  No, literally I mean that.  The first glance I had of it was in the airplane at night.  There were so many sparkling bronze lights it made me dizzy and excited.

I was in New York!  You know the Big Apple and everything.  I got off the plane and saw the banner CNBC New York over a store that housed magazines, books, and galore.  Then I headed to the train and went to my hotel.





The next day I ventured to the Central Park Zoo, hoping for a terrific showing of Alex the Lion from "Madagascar."  He wasn't there- not even his relatives.  I mean seriously there were no large mammals and I was baffled.  The zoo was rather diminutive and sparse.  I'd say it wasn't worth my money to see it.  I was done walking around it in around an hour.  Now, that is sad.




Some other things I saw were the Statute of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the Empire State Building at night lit up.  Now, those made the trip worthwhile.  They seemed so larger than life and meaning so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment